Here are a few things (OK, one thing so far) I've learned from experience. Hopefully they'll be useful to someone.
Changing Engine Oil
The first time I tried to change the engine oil, it was a disaster! Below is the procedure I use now. Note that this only applies to the Case MB4/94 and (probably) other U900's.
- Run the engine for a while to get the oil hot.
- Park the Mog on the flat and turn the wheels all the way to the left. If you don't do this, the steering tie rod will obstruct the drain plug.
- Put a 5 gallon bucket under the sump. You could use something else, but 5 gallon buckets have several advantages: they're cheap or free, they're big enough to hold all the oil, and they're tall enough to limit splashing as the oil drains.
- Loosen the drain plug with a 14mm hex key and unscrew it. When you remove it, there will be quite a gusher of hot oil, so wear gloves and safety glasses.
- The oil filter is located behind the passenger-side wheel well - it should be easily accessible with the wheels turned. Mine takes a 19mm wrench, but I understand that they vary quite a bit.